18.24 m of textual records.
The Anglican Foundation of Canada was created by a motion of General Synod in 1957 to encourage and support ministry within The Anglican Church of Canada. The Anglican Foundation has benefited dioceses, hundreds of parishes and thousands of Canadian Anglicans with the provision of financial support for ministry all across Canada.
As a member-based organization, the Anglican Foundation invites individuals, parishes and church organizations to make an annual contribution so that it can respond generously to applicants who are engaged in ministry to serve the Canadian Church. The Foundation’s ability to support ministry is also funded by bequests, memorials and special gifts, donor-designated trusts, life insurance, gift annuities and investment income.
The Anglican Foundation was initially run by the Directors – President (Primate), Secretary (General Secretary), Treasurer (General Synod Treasurer), plus elected members of the Board of Directors. By 1970 the Board of Directors realized that in order for the Anglican Foundation to realize its full potential, it needed an Executive Director as a staff position and its own dedicated staff. The first Executive Director started September 1, 1971.
Executive Directors include:
- William R. Kay (1906-1979), 1971-1979
- The Very Rev. John H. McMulkin (1925-2007), 1979-1990
- The Rev. Canon A. Gordon Baker (1928-2012), 1991-1997
- The Rev. Canon John Erb (1932-2005), 1997-2005
- The Rev. Canon A. Gordon Baker (1928-2012), 2005-2006 (Acting E.Dir)
- The Very Rev. John vanNostrand Wright, 2006-2010
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Judy D. Rois, 2011-
Scope and Content:
Fonds consists of corporate documents, minutes, correspondence, financial statements, grant files, and printed materials.
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.