Diocese of Moosonee collection. — 1883-1945.
32 cm of textual records.
The diocese of Moosonee was founded in 1872. The Synod of the diocese was organized in May, 1920, at Timmins. The diocese covers 350,000 square miles.
Scope and Content:
Fonds consists of letterbooks of Archdeacon Thomas Vincent, Fort Albany (1895-1899), the Rt. Rev. John Horden and the Rt. Rev. J.A. Newnham (1892-1904); correspondence of Bishop Horden and Newnham (1883-1904 ); Albany Mission journal (1883-1923); and a memo “Matters prepared by Bishop Horden for consideration with M. Grahame”.
M85-7 – Cree translations and sermons by the Rev. R.A. Joselyn when he was missionary at Albany.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
- Contents of letterbooks are somewhat illegible due to ink bleeding.
- Lent for copying, Bishop of Moosonee, 1961.
Letter books digitized.
- Fonds to be transferred to the Diocese of Moosonee.
- See also Diocesan Collection, P84101.
- See also Resource Centre Slides, P8478.
- See also Diocese of Moosonee Photo Collection, P7543.
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.
- Newnham, Jervois Arthur, 1852-1941.
- Vincent, Thomas, 1835-1907.
- Horden, John, 1828-1893.
- Joselyn, Reginald Alfred
Fort Albany, Ont. St. Paul’s Church Mission.
- Fort Albany (Ont.)
- Albany (Ont.)
|Accession numbers:||M61-3, M85-7|