The diocese of Moosonee was founded in 1872. The Synod of the diocese was organized in May, 1920, at Timmins. The diocese covers 350,000 square miles.
Fonds consists of letterbooks of Archdeacon Thomas Vincent, Fort Albany (1895-1899), the Rt. Rev. John Horden and the Rt. Rev. J.A. Newnham (1892-1904); correspondence of Bishop Horden and Newnham (1883-1904 ); Albany Mission journal (1883-1923); and a memo “Matters prepared by Bishop Horden for consideration with M. Grahame”.
M85-7 – Cree translations and sermons by the Rev. R.A. Joselyn when he was missionary at Albany.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
- Contents of letterbooks are somewhat illegible due to ink bleeding.
- Lent for copying, Bishop of Moosonee, 1961.
- Fonds to be transferred to the Diocese of Moosonee.
- See also Diocesan Collection, P84101.
- See also Resource Centre Slides, P8478.
- See also Diocese of Moosonee Photo Collection, P7543.
Vincent, Thomas, 1835-1907.
Horden, John, 1828-1893.
Joselyn, Reginald Alfred
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.