H.A. Naylor fonds. — 1895-1939.
6 cm of textual records.
17 photographs : b&w.
H.A. Naylor (1873-1956) graduated from McGill University and took his theological training at the Montreal Diocesan Theological College. He was ordained deacon in 1896 and priest in 1897. He became the first missionary at Forty Mile, Yukon Territory where he worked among the miners for three years. In 1899, he became rector of St. Paul’s, Dawson City. In 1901, Naylor returned to the Montreal diocese and became incumbent of Chelsea until 1905; Incumbent of Arundel, 1905-1910; Rector of Frehlighsburg, 1910-1915; Rector of St.Lambert, 1915-1926. Rural Dean, 1915-1927; Curate of St.Cyprus, Montreal, 1927-1933; Incumbent of Valleyfield, 1933-1945 (retired). H.A. Naylor was the son of Archdeacon W.H. Naylor of Clarendon, Quebec, and brother to Archdeacon R. Kenneth Naylor.
Photographs donated by Mrs. R.K. Naylor, sister-in-law of H.A. Naylor.
Scope and Content:
Fonds consists of personal and professional correspondence and photographs regarding people and places in the Diocese of Yukon. Includes correspondence with members of the Naylor family; Bp. and Mrs. W.C. Bompas; Roland Palmer of the S.S.J.E. and other people working in the in the Yukon such as Benjamin Totty, John Hawksley, Isaac Stringer, H.A. Cody, R.J. Bowen.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
W.C. Bompas correspondence folder microfilmed. See Mf 77-3
- See also Episcopal collection.
- See also entry under this heading in the classified catalogue.
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.
Naylor, H.A. (Henry Alford), 1873-1956.