A #heartbeatprayer from the Diocese of Ottawa
We pray for
- the church to find relevance
- for everyone to feel welcomed and comforted at church, and to be accepted in their unique needs without having to conform to social pressure
- for an understanding that comfort and welcome means different things to different people
- for an understanding that we have different hopes
- for youth to take up leadership
- for Jesus to remain alive for the world, even as the church changes.
We praise God for the humility and gentle voice and fruitful self-examination and inclusiveness of our church.
We are grateful for the ordination of women.
We feel our hearts are with each other. Amen