Welcome to General Synod 2016
The 41st General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada took place from July 7-12, 2016 at the Sheraton Parkway Toronto North Hotel and Suites, Richmond Hill, Ont. in the Diocese of Toronto.
- New Westminster Sacred Earth Camp highlights Indigenous land justice
- National Worship Conference ties liturgy to God’s mission
- Congregational development: On the rediscovery of Anglican identity
- The National Indigenous Anglican Bishop erroneously listed as non-voting at the General Synod 2016
- “Forbearing one another in love”
- Statement on the vote count on Marriage Canon Resolution (A-051-R2)
The Resource Centre is a centralized online hub containing links to resources produced by the Anglican Church of Canada. New resources are uploaded on a regular basis and may be viewed by topic, keyword and/or audience.
About the Anglican Church of Canada
We are a people seeking to know, love, and follow Jesus in serving God’s mission. We invite you to join us. Explore our beliefs and our organization through these links:
Anglican Church of Canada Programs
Learn about the work of different church ministries.
Archbishop Fred Hiltz, formerly bishop of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, was elected as 13th Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada in June 2007. He leads the church in discerning and pursuing the mission of God.