The liturgical texts in this section have been authorized by General Synod for public use within the Anglican Church of Canada, upon permission from the diocesan bishop. Copyright policies stipulate that these texts may be used free of charge by all dioceses, parishes, religious orders, theological colleges, and other entities within the Anglican Church of Canada. Care must be taken to acknowledge the sources of all texts, however used. Any publication of texts that have been amended must be acknowledged in such a way that makes clear that the original text has been modified. No commercial use may be made of these texts without specific written permission from the primary copyright holders of the texts. For more information, email Eileen Scully, Director, Faith, Ministry, and Worship.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. This license is a legal agreement between ABC Publishing, Anglican Book Centre, a ministry of the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada (“we” or the “Licensor”), and you, who may be a parish, church, other group, or individual (“you” or the “Licensee”).
YOU MUST READ THIS LICENSE BEFORE INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THIS WEB RESOURCE. BY DOING SO, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AND ARE AGREEING TO COMPLY WITH THEM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE, EXIT THIS WEBSITE.
We, the Licensor, have published Anglican Liturgy Library, comprising reproducible electronic texts for worship for the Anglican Church of Canada in digital format (“ALL”). We retain all proprietary rights. You, the Licensee, wish to use ALL and accept a non-exclusive license from us (the “License”) on the terms set out below:
- We have provided you with ALL on the General Synod website www.anglican.ca/texts (or other delivery mechanism) containing ALL.
- You may reproduce texts (in whole or part) from ALL to create customized church bulletins or service booklets or similar materials to use in worship and/or study during the term of this license. There shall be no reproduction of any text from ALL for any other purpose.
- Individual texts in ALL may not be materially altered except as indicated in the particular text.
- Texts comprising ALL may be copied electronically and reproduced in print form only. Distribution of electronic copies is prohibited. Only paper copies, local electronic presentations or overhead transparencies may be used at your premises, unless a particular event or service conducted by you is held away from your premises.
- No copies of any text from ALL may be sold or rented.
- (a) All church bulletins or other printed materials produced by you and containing texts from ALL shall contain the following notice on the front cover or first page if there is no cover: Copyright © 2004 by the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada. All rights reserved. Reproduced under license from ABC Publishing, Anglican Book Centre, a ministry of the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada, from Anglican Liturgical Library. Further copying is prohibited.
(b) If the text to be used by you requires further permission to reproduce, you will seek that permission from the copyright holder, using the electronic form or contact information supplied, and will include on copies of this text the further acknowledgement stipulated by the copyright holder.
- We warrant that we have the right to grant you this License. We are the owners of copyright in the texts comprising ALL or have obtained permission from third party copyright holders (where such materials are not in the public domain) for use of ALL as set forth in this License. It may be necessary for you to obtain additional permissions for certain texts as specified in clause 6(b).
- You shall indemnify and save us harmless from and against any claim, demand, or action, irrespective of the nature of the cause of the claim or action, alleging loss, expense, or damage arising out of your use of ALL other than in strict accordance with this License.
- This License shall terminate automatically without notice in the event of the following:
(i) you reproduce or alter, or authorize reproduction or alteration of ALL, contrary to the terms of this License;
(ii) you are otherwise in breach of this License and fail to rectify such breach within thirty (30) days of notice from us to rectify the breach.
- You may not sub-license any rights granted to you under this License and this License may not be transferred by you without our prior written consent.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between us and you, superseding any other oral or written understanding, and may only be altered by mutual agreement in writing. Any dispute concerning this License shall be resolved in the courts of Ontario and the laws of Ontario and Canada shall apply.