Liturgical Texts authorized by the General Synod of the Anglican Church of CanadaDownload authorized liturgical texts
- Book of Common Prayer
- The Book of Alternative Services
- Make Preparation: Liturgy Planning Notes
- For All the Saints
- Occasional Celebrations
- Supplementary Eucharistic Prayers, Services of the Word, and Night Prayer
- Public Distribution of Holy Communion by Deacons and Lay People
Selected liturgies from the BAS and supplements in FrenchDownload French translations
- Le baptême / Holy Baptism
- La sainte eucharistie / Holy Eucharist
- Le mariage dans le cadre d’une eucharistie / Marriage with the Holy Eucharist
- Les funérailles Première forme / Funeral Liturgy Form 1
- Prières universelles / litanies
- Le propre de l’année / the Proper of the Church Year
- L’ordination d’un évêque ou une évêque / The ordination of a bishop
- L’ordination des prêtres / The ordination of a priest
- L’ordination des diacres / The ordination of a deacon
- Le service de la Parole II / A Service of the Word (from Eucharistic Prayers, Services of the Word, and Night Prayer)
Additional liturgical texts
Blessing and Celebration of a Marriage Between a Christian and a Person of Another Faith Tradition
The General Synod authorized text of the Blessing and Celebration of a Marriage between a Christian and a Person of Another Faith Tradition. The text can also be found in the Book of Occasional Celebrations.
Calendar Additions—Propers for:
Worship resources for healing and reconciliation in relationship with Indigenous Peoples
- Worship in the Vision of New Agape: Indigenous Prayers and Liturgies for Healing and Reconciliation
A Joint Working Group of Faith, Worship and Ministry and the Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples worked over this Triennium to develop Principles for worship that expresses the the vision of Covenant and New Agape. Here is some of their work.
- National Indigenous Day of Prayer (June 21)
Propers for the BAS Calendar of Memorials and Commemorations
Anglican Communion resources
A Prayer for the Anglican Communion:
Gracious God, we give you thanks for the gift of this world-wide Anglican Communion of churches: for our sense of belonging to all the ages, for the gift of thoughtful prayer you have taught us, and for the task of reverent study to which you call us. We thank you for the love of worship you have stirred up in our hearts, and for the love of justice you have implanted in our wills. Be with us in times of trouble as in times of joy; give us thankful hearts when we stand together, and send your holy Wisdom into all our disagreements. In dispute, may be we gentle and loving; in unity, may we be humble; in poverty, give us hope; in wealth, make us responsible and generous. Inflame us with prophetic vision so our fellowship will be the likeness of your kingdom of righteousness, proclaimed for all by Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
- Anglican Cycle of Prayer with Daily Scripture Reading guide
- Church of England: Common Worship
- Church of Ireland 2004 Common Prayer
- The Episcopal Church Liturgy and Music
- An Anglican Liturgical Library
a helpful website that catalogues liturgical resources from around the Anglican Communion:
- Anglican Liturgical Resources from Anglicans Online
- Prayers we have in common: a statement on ecumenical shared liturgical texts
An introduction and link to the August 2011 Reims Statement, which celebrates the achievements of celebrates the achievements of ecumenical work on common texts. It also calls for these texts to be upheld and used.
- Finding the date of Ash Wednesday and Easter from the Astronomical Applications Department of the U.S. Naval Observatory.
- Week of Prayer for Christian Unity:
- Baptism, Eucharist and Ministry from the World Council of Churches Faith and Order Commission
- English Language Liturgical Consultation
- Publications of the Consultation on Common Texts (Includes Revised Common Lectionary Prayers: Proposed by the Consultation on Common Texts.)
- The Church: Toward a Common Vision
Multi-faith worship resources
- The Blessing and Celebration of a Marriage between a Christian and a Person of Another Faith Tradition (authorized by the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada, 2001.
- Guidelines for Public Religious Ceremonies involving more than One Faith Tradition
Prepared by a Task Force of the Faith, Worship, and Ministry Committee of the Anglican Church of Canada and approved by the Council of General Synod, 1996.
- Anglican Church of Canada Guidelines for Inter Faith Dialogues (1988)
Guidelines for Interfaith Dialogue produced October 1988 by the Ecumenical Office, Anglican Church of Canada.
Revised Common Lectionary
Consultation on Common Texts (North American), the creators of the Revised Common Lectionary, who continue to work on lectionary-related projects.
- English Language Liturgical Consultation (International), who are working to promote the Revised Common Lectionary internationally and ecumenically.
- Schema and texts for the Revised Common Lectionary.
Anglican Worship Resources Society
From their website: “For over 100 years, the Anglican Worship Resources Society (AWRS), which was formerly known as The Anglican Church Bible & Prayer Book Society, has helped congregations, missions, camps, Church Schools and other church groups across Canada obtain hymn books, prayer books, bibles, and many other resources which enhance worship. Yet we’re told that AWRS is one of the Church’s best kept secrets. To change that, this website has two goals:
- To inform those who would be in need of our help.
- To ask those who can to support our work.
Leadership Program for Musicians Serving Small Congregations – an Anglican-Lutheran-Presbyterian joint initiative.