Young adults (ages 20-26) from across the Anglican Church of Canada are invited to apply to participate in a 12-day multinarrative pilgrimage * to the land of our sacred history. This journey will include particular emphasis toward meeting with the “living stones” of the local Christian community to:
- Connect young Canadian Anglican adults like yourself with your counterparts in Palestine and Israel.
- Learn the mission and ministry priorities of the local Anglican Church through educational visits to church-operated projects.
- Experience the sacred story of Christian faith through visits to places of spiritual significance, blending scripture, archaeology and devotional practices of silence, prayer and Eucharistic life.
- Be changed in ways that will nourish your faith and call you to action.
What you’ll do
The trip takes place from May 1-12, 2023 (plus potential travel days to and from Toronto depending on your origin). Daily activities include:
- Morning and evening prayers
- Personal and group reflection
- Blog/vlog-based storytelling
Application and selection
After you apply
- The Application process is now closed as of June 24th, 2022. Applicant interviews will be scheduled for the first two weeks in September.
Cost / Fundraising
Pilgrims are responsible for raising funds toward their costs, and are to each raise a minimum of $1,500 out of a total cost of $5,095 per person. A fundraising webinar will be offered once applicants have been confirmed. Remaining costs will be met by funds from donations and the General Synod.
The cost includes air and ground travel, accommodations, meals and local itinerary activities. Medical and travel insurance will need to be obtained separately, through Allianz Global Assistance or a third-party provider.
About Craig Travel
General Synod is pleased to welcome Craig Travel as the organizing travel agency for this program, coordinating accommodations, travel and itinerary details. They have extensive experience in guided travel adventures, which allows ‘journey hosts’ to focus on sharing the sacred history of our faith, while blending prayer and devotion in the experience.
For more information or assistance with the application process, please email Sheilagh McGlynn, Animator for Youth Ministries.
Support the Young Adult Journey of Pilgrimage and Discovery
Donations directed in support of the pilgrimage program can be made through Giving with Grace in the form below and are eligible for receive a tax receipt.