Young adults (ages 20-26) from across the Anglican Church of Canada are participating in a 12-day multinarrative pilgrimage * to the land of our sacred history. This journey includes particular emphasis toward meeting with the “living stones” of the local Christian community to:
- Connect young Canadian Anglican adults with counterparts in Palestine and Israel.
- Learn the mission and ministry priorities of the local Anglican Church through educational visits to church-operated projects.
- Experience the sacred story of Christian faith through visits to places of spiritual significance, blending scripture, archaeology and devotional practices of silence, prayer and Eucharistic life.
- Be changed in ways that will nourish our faith and call us to action.
- Morning and evening prayers
- Personal and group reflection
- Blog/vlog-based storytelling
On the journey
Watch this space for updates about the journey and for when the pilgrims return.
Read the full Commissioning Prayer for the Pilgrimage (PDF).
About Craig Travel
General Synod has welcomed Craig Travel as the organizing travel agency for this program, coordinating accommodations, travel and itinerary details. They have extensive experience in guided travel adventures, which allows ‘journey hosts’ to focus on sharing the sacred history of our faith, while blending prayer and devotion in the experience.
Donations toward youth and young adult programs like the Pilgrimage can be made through Giving with Grace in the form below and are eligible for receive a tax receipt.