The six year mandate of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (TRC) is coming to an end. Closing events in Ottawa, May 31 to June 3, will help all who live in this land look back over the past six years of truth telling by Indian residential school survivors and truth listening by churches, government and all who call this place home. All are welcome.
There is an urgent need for reconciliation in this land. Now it is time to take action towards a new relationship. Participate in the building of a new and reconciling relationship through learning, listening, and acting.
Here are some resources to support the work of reconciliation:
- Findings of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Canada (TRC)
- Response of the Churches to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- 22 Days of prayer and renewal in Anglican commitments to reconciliation
- Time for Reconciliation, KAIROS
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission Canada (TRC) closing events