The Anglican Book Centre / ABC Publishing started as the Department of Literature and Supplies (Anglican Book Centre) (1954-1969). Under Canon XVI, it became the central official publisher and distributor of the literature and supplies of General Synod and its departments. It also sold books, furnishings, visual aids, and church music.
In 1954, the operations of three Anglican book rooms were amalgamated into the Anglican Book Centre. It operated as a ministry of and to the church by providing resources for worship, parish life, theological training, and spiritual nurture. It sought to operate at a profit with powers to publish, purchase, market, sell and distribute books & other media. In January 2013 the Book Centre was deemed no longer profitable and closed its doors. The business was sold to Augsburg Fortress, its Lutheran counterpart. The ABC Publishing continues to publish Anglican liturgical products, the Anglican Directory, and the Canadian Church Calendar, which it distributes through an online eStore.
Fonds consists of ABC products, minutes of meetings, correspondence, administration files, mailings, plans, papers, original SPCK agreement 1932.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.