Founded in 1910, the British Columbia and Yukon Church Aid Society grew out of the earlier New Westminster and Kootenay Missionary Association, informally founded in 1879 by the Rt. Rev. A.W. Sillitoe, first Bishop of New Westminster. The association was continued by the second bishop, the Rt. Rev. John Dart and was formally established in 1902. In 1910, it became the British Columbia and Yukon Church Aid Society. Rev. Jocelyn Perkins, minor canon and sacrist of Westminster Abbey, was secretary for most of the society’s life. Special interests of the society were the episcopal endowments of New Westminster, Kootenay and Cariboo dioceses, the provincial theological college, the Columbia Coast Mission and the Provincial Board of Missions. The society was disbanded in 1965.
Fonds consists of printed material including informational pamphlets and Annual reports.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Annual Report, 1907 heavily foxed.
Originals of the letterbooks in the Archives of the Ecclesiastical Province of British Columbia and Yukon.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.