The Canadian School of Missions was founded in 1921 by the Foreign Mission Boards of Canada for the specialized training of their missionaries and candidates. The first ecumenical institution in Canada, it was controlled and financed by a Council of representatives from the co-operating Boards and four Theological Colleges in Toronto. Units comprising the Council were from the Anglican, Baptist, Presbyterian and United Churches of Canada. In 1963, the school was re-organized and re-named The Canadian School of Missions and Ecumenical Institute.
Fonds consists of minutes from a meeting to consider the proposal to found a School of Missions in Toronto  and a study made by the school entitled “The Witness of the Church” .
Title based on contents of fonds.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.