The Diocese of Toronto was founded in 1839. The Synod was organized October 1853. The original diocese covered all of Upper Canada, but it has been divided into many other dioceses. The Diocese of Toronto now covers 26,000 sq. km., stretching from Mississauga to Brighton and north to Haliburton. The Synod office and Cathedral are in Toronto, Ontario.
The Diocese of Toronto never had a residential school, but its mission organizations were very involved with Indian missions and the support of residential schools.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.