Fellowship of the West fonds. — 1929-1959, 1968, 1972-1973.
6.5 cm of textual records.
The Fellowship of the West, a missionary society that was affiliated with the Diocese of Montreal to assist the western clergy. Founded in 1928 in Montreal by Geoffrey Guiton, Elton Scott and Reuben Kenneth Naylor, they believed that not all missionary efforts had to be funnelled through the central MSCC office in Toronto. Two teams of enlisted clergy in 1929 were sent from Montreal to provide personnel to the Dioceses of Athabasca, Kootenay and Cariboo. The fellowship was disbanded in the spring of 1978.
Custodial history unknown.
Scope and Content:
Fonds consists of letters and newsletters from the Montreal office and from members out west outlining their experiences in their missionary efforts, booklets and a map of Northern Alberta.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
|Finding Aids:||Finding aid available.|
- See Mf77-3 for microfilm reels on the Fellowship of the West.
- See finding aid for list of members who contributed to the textual records.
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.
- Guiton, Geoffrey, 1892-1947.
- Scott, Elton, 1893-1961.
- Naylor, Reuben Kenneth, 1885-1971.