150 photoslides : col.
The Rev. John Henry Gibson (1869-1931) was educated for the priesthood at Wycliffe College, Toronto. He was ordained deacon in 1899 and priest in 1901 for the Diocese of Rupert’s Land. He served many parishes in Manitoba until 1913, when he became Rector and Canon of St.Alban’s Pro-Cathedral in Kenora, Ontario. He was Rector of Boissevain, Manitoba, 1917-1923. The Rev. J.H. Gibson then became Principal of St. John’s Indian Residential School (1923-1927). Mrs. Gibson was also a teacher at the school. The Rev. J.H. Gibson died at Chapleau in 1931.
The Rev. Ralph Thexton Gibson (1908-2004) was ordained as deacon 1940 and priest in 1941 for the Diocese of Keewatin. He served as missionary priest in Churchill, Man. (1940-1944). He married Edna Farr in 1943. He was principal of All Saints Residential School in Aklavik, NWT (1944-1955) and Canon of the Arctic (1952-1955). He spent the rest of his ministry in Clarksburg, Ont. (1955-1975). He died in 2004.
Fonds consists of photographs, journals, and correspondence.
Fonds includes a photo album containing photos taken while the Rev. John Henry Gibson was principal at St. John’s IRS, Chapleau, Ontario. Also, includes photoprints and slides by the Rev. Ralph T. Gibson during his time at Churchill and at Aklavik.
Gibson, Ralph Thexton, 1908-2004
All Saints Eskimo Residential School (Aklavik, N.W.T.)
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.