Born in London, England, James Jones (1787-1879) came to Canada in 1841 as an S.P.G. missionary. He was ordained deacon in 1842 and served at St. James Church, Bedford, Que., 1842-1863 and was involved in the building of the Parsonages at Bedford, West Farnham and East Stanbridge.
Consists of a carbon copy of a typescript of excerpts taken from Rev. Jones’ journal. In his journal, he discusses his daily life and activities, efforts in raising money, church building at Bedford, West Farnham and East Stanbridge, and his travels.
See also entry under this heading in the classified catalogue.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.