John A. Worrell fonds. — 1892, 1895, 1901-1915.
13 cm of textual records.
John Austin Worrell (1852-1927), educated at Trinity College School, Port Hope and University of Trinity College, Toronto. Graduated in 1871, studied law and was called to the Bar of Ontario in 1878. Assessor to the General Synod, 1896-1927 and Chancellor of the Diocese of Toronto.
Scope and Content:
Fonds consists of letters and correspondences written to Worrell, relating to the law suit case by Reverend Frederick Julius Steen against the Bishop of the Diocese of Montreal, William Bennett Bond, constitutional rules on status of delegates to the General Synod, and the creation of the Diocese Of Honan and the consecration of Bishop White.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
- Transcripts of the Steen case are bound together and several pages of this collection are ripped.
There are carbon copies for some of the typescript material.
|Finding Aids:||No finding aid file exists.|
Other records relating to the Diocese of Honan can be found in the Diocese of Honan fonds (M81-26) and the W.C. White fonds (M63-1).
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.
- Steen, Frederick Julius.
- White, W.C. (William Charles), 1873-1960.
- Bond, William Bennet, 1815-1906.
- Anglican Church of Canada. Diocese of Honan (China).
- Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod.