Koinonia was a fellowship group of evangelizing Anglican young people, organized on an inter-parish basis with the purpose of strengthening members in the Christian faith and to recruit others. A large portion of the membership was made up of clergy in full-time service or in training. Central to this fellowship was Camp Koinonia, established in 1949 under the Evangelical Anglican Fellowship, and incorporated in 1954. Located on Haines Lake near Parry Sound, Ontario, the camp was designed as a moderately priced vacation resort for recreation, comradeship, Bible study and evangelical church teaching.
Fonds consists of an article about the Koinonia fellowship entitled “What is it?”, reprinted from the Canadian Churchman, a copy of the group’s constitution, and flyers and promotional material for Camp Koinonia.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.