The Diocese of Yukon was founded in 1891 under the name Diocese of Selkirk. The name was changed to the Diocese of Yukon when the Synod was organized in 1907. The diocese covers 300,000 sq. miles, with its jurisdiction including some parts of northern British Columbia and Alaska. The Synod office and Cathedral are in Whitehorse, Yukon.
The Diocese of Yukon had two residential schools and two hostels: Chooutla Indian Residential School, Carcross, YT (1903-1969); St. Agnes Hostel, Whitehorse, YT (1952-1966); St. Paul’s Hostel, Dawson, YT (1920-1952); Shingle Point Eskimo Residential School, Shingle Point, YT (Yukon 1929-1933; Arctic 1933-1936)
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.