Daily journal of Fort Dunvegan. — 1847-1849.
2 cm of textual records.
Fort Dunvegan was a North West Co. trading post built 1805-1806 by Archibald Norman McLeod on the Peace River, Alberta. After the union of 1821, it was taken over by the Hudson’s Bay Co. The post was temporarily abandoned in 1825 but re-established in 1828, and continued in operation until 1918. For many years it was the centre of trading on the Peace River.
Gift in 1980 from Rev. W. Prior, Wycliffe College, formerly an incumbent of a parish in northern Alberta. He obtained it from Mrs. Peters who was a resident of Hudson’s Bay House after its evacuation by the company.
Scope and Content:
The official daily journal of the post, kept by a Hudson Bay Company employee, Jan. 1, 1847-Sep. 30, 1849.
Title based on contents of fonds.
Includes a photocopy of the original.
Foxed and fading.
Other journals from the post are located in the Hudson’s Bay Company Archives.
Anglican Church of Canada. General Synod Archives.
Fort Dunvegan (NWT)