John William Garland (1836-1910) was ordained deacon in Central New York, 1871 and priest in Montreal, 1873. He served for three years in the parish of Boscobel, Que. where he built St. John’s Church, paid off the debt of the North Ely church, and completed St. John’s parsonage. He then moved to the parish of South Stukely, Que., where he remained for twenty-nine years.
Fonds consists of a entries in Garland’s handwriting for 1887 while he was in charge of South Stukely. Includes records of visits, financial records, mailings, happenings and various newspaper clippings of historical events, scientific discoveries, marriages and other miscellaneous news.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.