The Upper Canada Clergy Society, a British Society founded in 1835, sent missionaries throughout Upper Canada, ministering to poor communities by constructing churches and performing various other tasks. This organization fused with the Society for Propagating the Gosepl in 1840, taking the title, the Upper Canada Committee of the S.P.G.
Fonds consists of reports detailing the society’s general business, extracts from H. O’Neill, B.C. Hill, F.A. O’Meara and F.L. Osler’s missionary work and subscription and donation lists.
- Title based on contents of fonds.
Other works relating to the Upper Canada Clergy Society can be found in the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts microfilm collection (Mf 78-14).
O’Meara, Frederick Augustus, 1814-1888
Osler, F.L. (Featherstone Lake), 1805-1895.
Please contact the Archives for more information on this record.