Saturday, June 21 is National Aboriginal Day of Prayer. The Anglian Church of Canada invites its members and parishes to join in celebrating Indigenous culture and continue the journey toward right relationship on this day. Churches may also wish to acknowledge the day during Sunday liturgies on June 22.
Here are a number of excellent resources to enliven your celebration of this important day:
- A parish action kit to help deepen prayerful support of truth and reconciliation processes. This includes a collect to accompany the Covenant of 1994.
- National Aboriginal Day of Prayer propers, which are also found in the BAS.
- Videos from National Indigenous Anglican Bishop Mark MacDonald, Archbishop Fred Hiltz, and others on the meaning of reconciliation.
- Ribbons for Reconciliation parish activity.
- A timeline of the evolving relationship between Indigenous peoples and the Anglican
Church of Canada. Parishes are encouraged to order their free copy of this invaluable resource while supplies last.
Interested in keeping up-to-date on news and information from the Anglican Church of Canada? Sign up for our email alerts and get our stories delivered right to your inbox.