Canadian Anglicans are invited to submit their photos to the Marks of Mission photo contest before it wraps up tomorrow, Jan. 31.
One winner will receive a $250 gift certificate to a photography store, redeemable in person or online. Winning images will be displayed at the 2013 Anglican-Lutheran Joint Assembly next July in Ottawa and may be shared in various Anglican church publications.
The contest calls for any photo that captures all or some of the Marks of Mission, a framework for ministry used throughout the Anglican Communion. The Marks of Mission are:
1. To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
2. To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
3. To respond to human need by loving service
4. To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
5. To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Photos must be uploaded in the highest resolution available. Contestants can submit up to five photos.
This is the third Marks of Mission contest hosted by General Synod. The first called for Sunday school curriculum and resulted in the Compendium of the Church Mice, available for free online. The second, a song contest, was won by Jaylene Johnson of Winnipeg, who released her song “Hope” earlier this month. Free DVDs are available for each parish by emailing [email protected].
Interested in keeping up-to-date on news, opinion, events and resources from the Anglican Church of Canada? Sign up for our email alerts .