The Primate and Archbishop of the Anglican Church of Canada, The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, would like to announce the constitution of a Search Committee, whose mandate is to fill the soon to be vacated role of General Secretary for the General Synod of the Anglican Church of Canada.
Composed of representatives from across the Anglican Church of Canada, and appointed by the Council of General Synod (COGS), the committee’s membership includes:
- The Rev. Cynthia Haines Turner, Chair, Past Prolocutor of General Synod
- The Rev. Karen Egan, Prolocutor of General Synod
- The Rev. Canon Norman Wesley, Co-Chair, Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples
- Mr. Robert Boeckner, Member, Pension Committee
- The Very Rev. Ansley Tucker, Dean, Christ Church Cathedral, Victoria BC
- Canon Mary Conliffe, Executive Officer, Diocese of Toronto
- The Rt. Rev. Michael Oulton, Bishop, Diocese of Ontario
- The Most Rev. Linda Nicholls, Primate, Ex-officio
The successful candidate shall be appointed by COGS, on nomination by the Primate, and supported by the aforementioned Search Committee, as outlined in the Constitution of the General Synod. The individual shall provide administrative oversight and expertise to the General Synod, its committees, councils, boards and commissions.
This executive role was formerly filled by The Ven. Dr. Michael Thompson, who is currently on sabbatical leave until March 31, 2020, and who thereafter will resume his duties until June 30, 2020. The Very Rev. Peter Wall has been serving as Interim General Secretary during this transient period.
This role is open to both lay and ordained applicants, and the closing date for the job posting is March 15, 2020.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Alice Namu, Communications Coordinator
Anglican Church of Canada
416-924-9199, Ext. 269
Email: [email protected]
Interested in keeping up-to-date on news, opinion, events and resources from the Anglican Church of Canada? Sign up for our email alerts .