Anglican Video has a two-fold mandate. As part of our church’s internal communications system, it produces video resources for parish and individual use. It has an outreach component and produces documentaries on spiritual topics, such as prayer or pilgrimage informed by Anglican tradition and theology but aimed at a broader audience.
- Baptism: a Life-long Celebration  This 25-minute program is not a how-to video but an introduction to baptism within Anglican tradition and practice. It chronicles the journey of Naomi, an infant baptismal candidate, and Stan, a middle-aged convert to Christianity. (Also on YouTube and as a downloadable MPEG-4 file)
- Great Pilgrimages  (part 1, part 2) is a two-part documentary on the enduring draw of sacred places. Host Peter Downie interviews people of all faiths and nations as they visit such sites as Santiago de Compostela in Spain, Lac Ste. Anne in Alberta, and even Elvis Presley’s Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Michael Peers: Called to Be a Leader  This 2004 documentary is about the life and career of Archbishop Michael Peers, Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada from 1986 to 2004. The years of Peers’ primacy covered some of the most turbulent years in the history of the Canadian church. The documentary includes interviews with Archbishop Desmond Tutu; former Governor General Adrienne Clarkson; and the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Rowan Williams. (Also on YouTube)
- The Power Within: Healing Through Prayer , host Peter Downie speaks with health practitioners, theologians, and people living with illness who testify to the difference that prayer makes. (Also on YouTube)
- Search for Healing  This 23-minute video was the first in Canada to break open the silence surrounding residential schools and it reflects the courage of the Anglican Church of Canada at the time. While many fought to protect themselves from litigation, the Anglican Church of Canada stepped up boldly with this video and with the apology of Michael Peers in 1993, accepting responsibility for sins of the past and committing to healing and restitution. That commitment remains active to the present day. (Also on YouTube)
- The Seventh Fire  This 30-minute documentary explores a First Nations prophecy that the time of the Seventh Fire will be when the reborn First Nations will offer spiritual recovery to North Americans of European ancestry. Narrated by the late elder Vi Smith, The Seventh Fire chronicles the relationship of Indigenous Peoples and the European settlers, with many interviews from residential school survivors. (Also on YouTube)
- Sexual Misconduct: Learn to Spot It, Learn to Stop It  Using real-life scenarios, this 28-minute video shows clergy, staff, and laity how to recognize the various forms of sexual misconduct that can occur in a church community. Information in the video complies with Canadian legislation concerning sexual misconduct. This resource can be used in parishes, small groups, individuals, or in other education sessions. (Also on YouTube and as a downloadable MPEG-4 file)
- Topahdewin: The Gladys Cook Story  shares the story of an Indigenous woman who was abused in residential school, then overcame her despair to become a community leader. This award-winning documentary is one of Anglican Video’s most requested productions and helped raise awareness about the abuse that occurred in church-run residential schools. (Also on YouTube)
- Written on the Heart  This eight-part video series helps individuals and Bible study groups find ways to integrate Bible study into daily life. This video has built-in discussion starters and can be viewed in one session or over an eight-day or eight-week period. Written on the Heart features a wide range of interviews with theologians, educators, and Anglicans in the pew. (Also on YouTube and as a downloadable MPEG-4 file)
- Sacred Circle 2009: The mighty wind of the spirit, a new beginning
- Sacred Circle 2005: Honouring our relations—keeping the spirit alive
- Sacred Circle 2000: Walking a new vision
- Sacred Circle 1997: A journey begins with a dream
- Sacred Circle 1993: Dancing the dream
- Sacred Circle 1988: Share the dream