You, your parish, and your community can support this program:
- Pray for people and communities affected by suicide, volunteers, and the program coordinator.
- Educate yourself and your parish about the rise in youth suicide.
- Learn about awareness and prevention resources in your area.
- Train as a volunteer for awareness programs or a crisis line.
- Raise money or designate funds to support the training of suicide awareness and prevention volunteers.
- Communicate with your Member of Parliament about the rise in youth suicide. Request his or her support for a national suicide prevention strategy and increased funding for northern mental health programs.
For more information, contact
Coordinator for Indigenous Ministry
Anglican Church of Canada
(416) 924-9199, ext. 626