The General Synod of 2010 mandated Faith, Worship, and Ministry to establish a Liturgy Task Force to work on the revision of our contemporary language liturgical texts. This Task Force has, in turn, been authorized by the Council of General Synod to release its new texts for trial use and feedback as they become available. These draft materials are encouraged for use where permitted by the diocesan bishops.
Gathering Rites for the Paschal Cycle
Approved by the Council of General Synod for Trial Use and Evaluation, November 2018
The Paschal Season (Lent and Easter) is a particularly important time in the liturgical calendar to focus on the process of initiation-into-Christ, as our communities reaffirm their own baptismal vocation and prepare to initiate new members into baptismal living in community. Here are some Gathering Rites for use in these seasons.
Morning and Evening Prayer
- Morning and Evening Prayer for the Seasons of the Church Year (updated June 2019)
- Morning and Evening Prayer for Ordinary Time (updated June 2019)
Collects and Seasonal Prayers
- Alternative Collects for Years A, B & C of the RCL and Seasonal Prayers over the Gifts and after Communion (added June 2019)
Thanksgiving Over the Water for baptism
- Thanksgiving Over the Water (All Saints’ Day/Sunday) (added January 2018)
- Thanksgiving Over the Water (Baptism of the Lord) (added January 2018)
Rites for the Catechumenate
The Council of General Synod in March of 2019 authorized for trial use and evaluation, where permitted by the Ordinary, the following Rites for the Catechumenate.
- Introduction to Rites for the Catechumenate (added April 2019)
- Rites for the Catechumenate(added April 2019)
An Evaluation form will be forthcoming. For further information, contact Eileen Scully, Director of Faith, Worship, and Ministry at [email protected]