The General Synod of 2010 mandated Faith, Worship, and Ministry to establish a Liturgy Task Force to work on the revision of our contemporary language liturgical texts. This Task Force has, in turn, been authorized by the Council of General Synod to release its new texts for trial use and feedback as they become available. These draft materials are encouraged for use where permitted by the diocesan bishops.
Gathering Rites for the Paschal Cycle
Approved by the Council of General Synod for Trial Use and Evaluation, November 2018
The Paschal Season (Lent and Easter) is a particularly important time in the liturgical calendar to focus on the process of initiation-into-Christ, as our communities reaffirm their own baptismal vocation and prepare to initiate new members into baptismal living in community. Here are some Gathering Rites for use in these seasons.
Morning and Evening Prayer
- Morning and Evening Prayer for the Seasons of the Church Year (added May 2016)
- Morning and Evening Prayer for Ordinary Time (added May 2016)
Collects and Seasonal Prayers
- Trial Use Liturgical Psalter (5th Ed.) (added May 2016)
- Pointed Trial Use Liturgical Psalter (5th Ed.) (added April 2016)
Thanksgiving Over the Water for baptism
- Thanksgiving Over the Water (All Saints’ Day/Sunday) (added January 2018)
- Thanksgiving Over the Water (Baptism of the Lord) (added January 2018)