(can be easily adapted for a diocese or group within the parish or diocese)
To provide recommendations for action to the parish to improve the way volunteers are engaged and treated.
3-5 members, one being a clergy person from the parish, preferably the rector or incumbent.
Method of Selection:
Appointed by the Parish Council.
Term of Office of Members/Period of Mandate for Committee:
Reporting Relationship/Frequency of Reporting:
The Planning Team will prepare a report at the conclusion of their work and present it to the Parish Council for consideration and action.
- Together, watch and discuss using the Guide the three webinars, Engaging Church Volunteers: A Deeper View of Stewardship.
- Assess the current state of volunteer engagement in the parish’s ministry, pointing to what is going well and what needs some improvement.
- Applying knowledge gleaned from experts in volunteer engagement in churches, suggest action for the parish to implement, both short terms “wins” and longer term initiatives.
- Write a report to guide parish decision-making on volunteer engagement.
- Present the report to the Parish Council.
- Advocate for (and possibly participate in) the implementation of this report.
A Guide for the four-week process, the three webinars, and the other required documents are available through the Anglican Church of Canada’s website.