Here are some links of interest. If you have any questions and suggestions, please contact me at [email protected].
Our main page is anglican.ca. There is a lot of information here, as the website has a lot of things on it. Some important areas on the website are the top bar. This bar is on the top of all pages on anglican.ca and acts as a type of site map you can access from each page. As well, there is a search function that you can use to find the pages or information to look for.
To get to the Indigenous Ministries page, you can go under Programs then click on Indigenous Ministries. This will take you to the Indigenous Ministries home page.
This page is broken into four main areas. I will walk you through each one They are:
- Our Council— this section has information on ACIP, the background of Indigenous Ministries, and many of the foundation documents.
- Resources— This is where you can quickly find many resources produced by Indigenous Ministries:
- National Indigenous Day of Prayer— Resources to help plan worship. Updated yearly.
- Gospel Based Discipleship— You can get daily readings here (we announce it on Facebook) as well as get a copy of A Disciple’s Prayer Book
- Indigenous Catechist Training Manual— includes a PDF download of the manual plus seven module videos led by Bishop Mark
- Suicide Prevention Program— information on the program and the new regional workers. An important new addition is Suicide in Our Land: A Pastoral Care Resource, which includes the downloadable resource plus a number of videos.
- About our work— Information about the work of the Indigenous Ministries department. Pages include:
- National Indigenous Anglican Bishop— Information on Bishop Mark, some of his writings, photos, and a Q&A from when the position was created.
- Sacred Circles— this is where you can find information on the current and past Sacred Circles. The more recent Sacred Circles are listed in detail, with highlights of all Circles. As well, when Bishop Mark mentioned a couple days ago how he went through all the Sacred Circle videos, they can be found here.
- The Road to Warm Springs— information and videos from the consultation last summer.
- Finally, on this page, there is a good history of the work of Indigenous Ministries from 1969 onwards.
Beyond Indigenous Ministries, there are a few pages you might find interesting:
- Online liturgical texts: You can find the BAS, BCP and other texts for use. This also importantly includes Liturgical Texts in Cree.
- Online daily lectionary: You can access the daily lectionary for the BAS and BCP here
- Primate’s Commission on Discovery, Reconciliation, and Justice: Information on the Commission, including terms of reference, membership, communications, and their “A First Look” brochures
- Anglican Video: A comprehensive library of videos created by Anglican Video.
Finally, there are a few Facebook pages/groups you might find interesting:
- The Anglican Church of Canada page
- Anglican Council of Indigenous Peoples group
- National Indigenous Ministry page
- Anglican Reconciliation Connections page