At the 2013 Joint Assembly, General Synod passed a resolution to “observe the Seventh Sunday of Easter, commonly known as the Sunday after Ascension Day, as Jerusalem Sunday.” For 2020, the theme for Jerusalem Sunday is The Jerusalem of Your Heart and Soul.
Jerusalem Sunday is an opportunity for Anglicans in Canada to learn more about and support God’s mission in the Diocese of Jerusalem. Parishes are encouraged to use liturgical resources listed below in celebration of Jerusalem Sunday. Parishes and individuals are also invited to make an offering in support important health care work in the Diocese of Jerusalem.
The Jerusalem of Your Heart and Soul is the theme for this years Jerusalem Sunday.
- 2020 Jerusalem Sunday Liturgical Resources (Word and PDF) NEW
- Jerusalem Sunday Prayer
- Bulletin Cover image Coming Soon
- Let Us Celebrate Jerusalem Sunday!
- Video—Living Stones: Faith and life in the Holy Land
- Anglican Journal special report: Journey to Jerusalem Sunday
- Video of Prayer for Jerusalem Sunday (Right click to download for local use)
- Photos from the Episcopal Diocese of Jerusalem
Feel free to download these photos for use in parish material
- Resolution from General Synod 2013 on Jerusalem Sunday: Resolution A171
- Special Offering Envelopes are available free of charge from the Department of Global Relations. Please send requests to Claudia Alvarez.
- Canadian Companions of the Diocese of Jerusalem Facebook page
- Donate now to the Diocese of Jerusalem by using the online donation form at the bottom of this page. All Jerusalem Sunday offerings and donations support the work of the Al Ahli Arab Hospital in Gaza.
To find out more and learn how to give, please click here.
To become connected with the Diocese of Jerusalem throughout the year, consider becoming a Companion of Jerusalem.